Saturday, August 30, 2008

Busy and sick and busy some more

Ah! Ah! I've been bad and neglected this, already! Oh, woe, and woeful heavy day, when wretches have their will. Thank-you, Byrd, for commandeering my mind and sticking in bits of your madrigals at inopportune times. Everything is much better from last week (was it really only last week? Golly gosh and heavens above!), but not much less busy, and I got a bit of a scare a few days ago thinking I'd gotten the horrible horrible bug that's going around, but it turned out to be just a normal kind of faffy cold. I'm barely finding time to practise enough, let alone do crafty things :( I did, however, allow myself a bit of respite from whatever it is I'm filling up my life with - I'm not too sure myself - by making these little mabobs:

birdies!

aren't they cute? I rather think so. I made the pink and blue ones first as a bit of a thank-you present for my viola teacher (well. for his two daughters, not him - I don't think they would quite suit him...) but then I found myself a little bit obsessed with the cuteness and promptly made 3 more. They're made of felt, about 4 or 5 cm across, and have a little fabric wing and have a clippy clip (technical term.) fixed to the back. I wore one to uni today and it got quite a few oohs and aahs, so I might pop a few up on the shop.

I am sorely tempted to blow two tutoring sessions worth of monies on some Threadless shirts - they have a sale there now and it's just a bit too tempting. Sadly (or happily?) I don't have a credit card so I'm going to have to beg Mum or Dad very nicely and pay them back... Hooray for parents!

Well it's late (12:18 to be exact) and I must be off, for I am to go a-questing with my Brother Dearest on the morrow in search of a new viola bow. His, not mine. Which means I'm driving, which means possible scary situations.

Ciao!

P.S. Anyone heard of a German band/artist/singer (not sure) called Subway to Sally? I should google them, but I found a song called Kleid Ause Rosen (Akustisch) on my itunes that I must have downloaded and forgotten about. It's a pretty interesting song, and now I'm going all light-headed so I really should probably go to sleep!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

ahhh they're so cute! XD;;

but baw, i didn't know you were sick! lovely wifeeeee hope you're all good now :D

and nope, never heard of that band before :o