Monday, September 22, 2008

hmmmm

Some interesting things have been happening lately. First! Sleath string prize was on tonight, which I was going to go in but then pulled out at the last minute (well 2 days before) because i had a lesson with Patricia and we decided that I wasn't ready. I still can't get over how incredible she is. So many ideas and she knows exactly how to make them work, and aaaaahhhhh just impossible to describe. Just. Completely inspiring :) I wish I could live up to that!

Anyways Sleaze (er. Sleath.) was really good - I'm super glad I went along because there wasn't much audience at ALL, which was sad, but it was actually really really interesting and good night. I am bad at adjectives at the moment, by the way. Josie ended up winning, with Flora coming second and Rob got honourable mention. I thought Josie's performance was just incredible, but to me there were a lot of really, really musical and technically pretty damn good performances. The names probably won't mean anything to you, so let's just leave it at that. Very very glad I pulled out though, it would have been a poo heap!!!

So from the lesson I had on the weekend, I've been thinking about some things. Like, I never thought myself to be a lazy person - sometimes I procrastinate and all, but I felt generally that I can work really hard when I need to. However! It seems that maybe I am in fact quite lazy, when it comes to long term things. In particular, viola. Which is bad!!! bad bad bad!!! because I need to have stamina for viola otherwise I will lose interest which I really really don't want to do. I say this because Patricia was saying how even though I pick up things in lessons really quickly, I will only apply those concepts to the particular part that she said to do them to - and sometimes I forget or try a few times then give up, and then don't do them. And then when I come back to my lesson next time, and she says, where is -bla- that I asked you to do last week, it suddenly occurs to me that what she says -is- right, even if I might not have thought it before. So maybe it is not laziness, but stupidity or blindness.

Hmm!

I have to go do my theory assignment (joy of joys) so I shall run along now like a good little girl. I want to stop procrastinating, dammit!! again i say, hmmm!!

(that is my new thing, along with zing!, both picked up from dinosaur comics which are the awesome of the world!! Just thought I'd let you know)

P.S. this post would be less crappy if I had more time to write it so sorry!!! if you can't understand it xDDD;;

No comments: