Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hm.

Well I've gotten over my little tiff, and have realised that all of my problems and whatnot are completely trivial compared to a lot of other people - I'm so lucky and fortunate to have an awesome family and friends, I'm not in financial hardship or anything, and uni and all my other stuff is going pretty well. Just this week, some pretty terrible things have happened to people I know - first, one of my friends' girlfriends just up and left (I don't know the circumstances - she might have had a very good reason) but his mum is really sick in hospital and now he doesn't have that support anymore. Then, yesterday I found out my godmother's husband has died. They had three kids, and even though we knew it was coming for a while, it's still pretty devastating. I haven't been able to speak to them yet, so I hope they're ok (as ok as you can be with that kind of thing anyway). And just then, I found out one of my uni friends' mums has just died this week. If it was of sickness, you would never have guessed - it's not something you talk about, but my friend is always a really happy person. So yes. I'm really sorry for my petulance and selfishness from the last post and if I've been whining to you about stupid things. There's a lot out there that's worse.

Hm.

I was wanting this to be a happy post (because really, I am quite happy with most of my exams over etc), but that kind of thing is quite humbling. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone for exams and stuff, and I'm praying for all of the people who I know who have had such terrible things happen to them.

EDIT: this was a pretty crap post, sorry xD;;

No comments: